Ex-Nazi charged in deaths of 430,000 Jews

CBC News

Germans prosecutors have charged a former Nazi death camp guard with participating in the murder of 430,000 Jews and other crimes during the Third Reich.

Samuel Kunz, 88, was informed last week of his indictment on charges including participation in the murder of 430,000 Jews at the Belzec death camp in occupied Poland, prosecutor Christoph Goeke said Wednesday. Kunz is believed to have served as a guard there from January 1942 to July 1943.

Kunz, who is third on the Simon Wiesenthal Center’s list of most-wanted Nazi suspects, is also charged with murder over "personal excesses" in which he allegedly shot a total of 10 Jews in two other incidents, Goeke said.

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2010/07/28/germany-nazi-indictment.html#ixzz0uzb5PDpO
 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>